Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Jammed Packed

There is so much in the box this week that I can't even get a good shot of it all.

I was able to sped  a little time over the weekend at the farm (see blog entry below) and I can tell you that when the wind blows it is chilly out in the fields.  But the house is always nice a toasty.  The woodstove keeps everyone warm.  Anna and John we able to get together with some family members to make apple butter one day last week.  The kids really enjoy being able to play with all of their cousins.  They first boiled down apple cider in a large copper kettle to about half of the amount they started with.  They then added the applesause,  raw sugar and all the spices.  Then it had to cook for about 5-6 hours.  I came home with two jars of the best tasting apple butter ever.  And I have eaten my weight in apple butter.  Even helped make a few kettles of it.  Yummmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are glad that you stopped in to check us out. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Have you had any experience with CSA?