Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Something Special


I look forward to my short visits with Rue when he delivers the CSA boxes on Tuesday afternoon  each week.  He is such a hard worker.  He always has something lined up that he had to do when he gets home so we actually don't even have time to sit down to chat.  Usually, we chat while unloading the van.  He told me this story the other day and I think he put it in his newsletter.  I just wanted to share it with you because I think it tells a lot about Rue and also lets you see a little of my Amish families hearts. 

Deliveries have been going well and I wanted to share something with you all. John and Anna planted a row of flowers next to the produce packing building and every delivery day when I arrive, the Zook children run out and start picking flowers for me. They seem to really enjoy giving. The smiles on their faces as they hand me these bundles of flowers are priceless. So as I go through my delivery route I have bundles of flowers in all the vents, in all the cup holders, and everywhere else I can put them. When I return to the farm in the evening to unload the empty boxes and containers they pick more fresh flowers for me to take home to my family. I have really enjoyed delivering the CSA produce this year and this has made it an even better experience.
  Thanks!

      Rue


No comments:

Post a Comment

We are glad that you stopped in to check us out. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Have you had any experience with CSA?