Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Box Overflowth

Believe it or not Andy says that it is time to start planting fall crops.  They have already started planting some cabbage, broccoli, and cauliflower for us for this fall.  Late last week he was going to be planting beans.  A little later in the summer he will plant more squash, lots more greens, some turnips....and whatever else you plant for the fall.  The way I look at it...it seems to be always planting season.  I think there are only two months out of the year that they are not actually putting anything into the ground...that would be November and December.  I can imagine during that time they are thinking about what they plan to do in the spring.  There is always something to do on the farm and that is just how they like it.

This week in our box there are some white onion like vegetables which are leeks.  Andy tells me that they have never grown these before.  He wants to know if we like them or not.  There are lots of red tomatoes, purple and white onions, some green beans, cabbage, Romaine lettuce and I think it might be kale....waiting to hear back from the farmer that knows all his vegetables...unlike this want-to-be- farmer.

some zucchini relish...looks great!

This is one of Lizzy's homemade apple pies.  I hope it make it to Lexington tomorrow.  It is way to pretty to cut...so Cassie start planning something around all these veggies and pie for dinner.  I think I am not going to eat all day long tomorrow...save up for dinner.

And then there is Lizzy's Mom's homemade soap.  This time I got lemon grass and I am telling you right now that it makes my mouth water...smells just like Lenomheads candy.

If any of these items looks like something you and your family would like to try...drop an email to


and they will be more than happy to take care of you.

1 comment:

We are glad that you stopped in to check us out. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Have you had any experience with CSA?