Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Something Interesting

      Hot and humid describes the weather the last few days. The ground has been drying off, so need less to say they have been very busy working the soil and getting stuff planted.  They have been trying to work late at night and early in the morning so that they can rest the horses during the hottest time of day.  They are planting sweet potatoes and regular potatoes at the time being.  They are hoping to get some more tomatoes and melons out as well. 
strawberries, onions, Swiss chard, Chinese cabbage, lettuce, zucchini and a mix of spring greens

scapes...when I was visiting last time Andy showed us these little wonders.  I am so glad he did because I would have never even known where to look to figure out what they are.  (I will share the recipes I mentioned above on the following post)


I love being surprised every week when I open the box...not only with the variety of vegetable but also something from the canned food share that we participate in.  This week we got two different kinds of butters. (because we didn't get our surprise last week)  We haven't tired them yet but the peach butter smells like a homemade fresh peach pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are glad that you stopped in to check us out. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Have you had any experience with CSA?