Saturday, October 27, 2012

A Few Little Setbacks

First I need to apologize for not posting about this weeks box.  My computer's hard drive died and I am waiting for a replacement since it was under warranty, thank heavens!  There is no way that I know of to download pictures from my camera to the iPad.  So sorry.  I feel like I have let everyone down this week.  Then on top of that I got a note from Lizzie in our box, that Moses had a little accident on the farm on Friday.  They spent Friday, Saturday, Sunday and most of Monday morning in the hospital.  Moses had a little run in with the pigs in one of the pastures.  This morning. I got a letter in snail mail from Lizzie saying that Moses is getting stronger everyday. And that his left hand is healing nicely.  His right hand is healing too but it is going to take quite a lot of time and his index finger is questionable if the tip will grow back.  Only time will tell.  He doesn't have much pain.  And he is uncomfortable because he is cutting teeth.  Poor little thing.

In the newsletter Tuesday, Andy says it has been rather cool in the evenings which it make it pleasant to work in the field during the day.  And that the rains that they have been getting are helping things grow very well.  All of this to say that the fall produce is looking really good.

Since Lizzie is busy tending to Moses and the usual things on the farm, she was unable to find a recipe for us this week.  But they promise to have a longer newsletter and a delicious recipe to share with us next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are glad that you stopped in to check us out. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Have you had any experience with CSA?