Thursday, May 12, 2011

Second Box and Surprises

     The sun has been shining all day today. It is  really needed. Hopefully it will clear off now and the farm will see more sun and some less rain. Either way they will be short handed this week and probably next week too, although next week looks better than this week. They have hopes that things will be even better the week after next. Of course it all depends on the weather too.
     This week we have garlic, wild ramsons, a bag of mixes greens, and a bag of watercress. Some  CSA members have radishes. If they don't reach around to you this time , it will be made up to you sometime in the rest of the growing season. They try to give us all the same amount as near as they possibly can. Because of the low yields they are including a jar of Sorghum Molasses this week. This Sorghum was grown by some neighbors.
     They are going to try to include a canned goods sheet in our next box, which will have Maple Syrup and Sorghum Molasses listed. That way you can purchase some of these products and pick them up at your pick up location.
Our second box..This was my first pick-up.  Thank heavens for GPS.  I'll try to remember to take my camera so you can see the set-up.   And just so I know what I will be fixing for dinners this week I will try very hard to identify the ingredients in our boxes. (Since I have already identified green garlic and ramsons I won't do them again) 
parsley

mixed greens

watercress

our surprise canned good...sweet pickled peppers

sorghum molasses...I have no idea what to do with this


1 comment:

  1. My wife made your cookie recipe last night and they were yummy!

    -Josh in Milford

    ReplyDelete

We are glad that you stopped in to check us out. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Have you had any experience with CSA?