Monday, November 18, 2013

Recipe Share: Sweet Dumpling Squash

 
And you see what I have done with my acorn squash and my newly discovered sweet dumpling squash.
 
Someone email a question about the little pumpkins we got in our boxes last week.  Just knowing the CSA I knew they were edible but had no idea what they were called or how to fix them.  We just called them cute little pumpkins.  So I did the next best thing...emailed Rue.  So he sent back the recipe that I am sharing today.  We are going to have them for dinner tonight and I will let you know how they are. 

Sweet Dumpling Squash
 
Cut in half from top to bottom.  Put face down on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees until tender/soft when poked with a fork.  Remove the skin and eat with butter and maple syrup or butter and brown sugar.

 
I was really surprised.  I liked at it!  I think I would choose to put more brown sugar in to make it a little sweeter.  The texture is like mashed sweet potatoes and the taste is somewhat like that also.  I think we will have these little cuties again sometime.  Also maybe I might add some nutmeg.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are glad that you stopped in to check us out. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Have you had any experience with CSA?