Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Jack Frost Does His Job

It is official...Jack Frost blew into Cedarmore Farm and put an end to the crops that can't stand the cold.  The good news is tht the crops that are left to harvest are the crops that love the cooler weather.  Andy and Lizzie have been storing crops like potatoes, onions, garlic, sweet potatoes and winter squash in the cellar.

onions, radishes, acorn squash, garlic, spicy greens, and purple cabbage

I have no idea what to do with zucchini relish.  Any suggestions?  I tasted it and it is neither sweet or sour...a little bland but has a good taste.  I can taste the zucchini and the onion.  Maybe I could marinate chicken in it.  I think it would be great on hot dogs or maybe even hamburgers...I'll let you know.

FYI...
I  made Lizzie's Sweet Potato Pie and I thought it was great.  Andy and Lizzie say that you can substitute any winter squash in the recipe.  And tonight I made Lizzie's Sweet Sour Red Cabbage (recipe below)...thumbs up at our house.

1 comment:

We are glad that you stopped in to check us out. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Have you had any experience with CSA?