Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rain Is Good At This Point

Andy is already thinking about the crops for next year.  He says that the rain that we have gotten here in Ohio in the last few days will help the cover crops get a good start which in turn will make good fertilizer to plow down next spring.  And he thinks that the broccoli patch is about to stop producing.  The good news is that another one is just about ready.

We got a big bag of spicy greens (which we will continue to get for awhile), potatoes, onions, beans and my favorite rainbow Swiss chard.  I'm not positive but I think we got some kale.  I'll have to find out...I am such a rookie at this CSA stuff.

Lizzie is a little under the weather this week...I think the flu is running thru the house at record speed.  She usually gets the recipes for each weeks post but this week I get to choose one.  Be sure to check it out..sounds really good to me and I really have no idea what to do with the acorn squash we have been getting.

I think I might just hide these in the refrigerator and see who finds them first.  Mark and Emmy will fight over these beets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are glad that you stopped in to check us out. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Have you had any experience with CSA?