Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cooler Days and Nights

If we get the frost that the weather authorities are predicting it will be the end of the zucchini and green beans.  The good news is that the cold hardy crops like the green mixes, broccoli, cabbage, turnips, lettuce, spinach, kale, chard, and radishes will be able to survive and thrive in the cold weather.

The fields at the farm seems to be a little damp yet but once it dries up enough Andy and Lizzie will be planting garlic and some greens for next year.  They hope to be able to do that in just a few days.
We were enjoying the sunshine and leaves falling when Justin and his two boys drove up to drop off shares.  We couldn't wait to get inside to open up our box so we just opened it in the driveway.  Turnips, garlic, sweet potatoes, greens and two really cute, I think they are acorn squash.  We decided that they were to pretty to eat so we will use them as decoration.

I see these tomato chunks going in some chili this weekend.  Yummm!


 The Recipe Of The Week this week is Sweet Potato Pie. I had a little spare time  this evening and I was feeling the cooking vibe so I decided to make the pie.  And I can tell you that I will be making it again, probably at Thanksgiving.  I really like it.  Then Mark and I were brainstorming other ways to use the recipe.  Hmmmm?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are glad that you stopped in to check us out. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Have you had any experience with CSA?