Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Cats and The Dog

We need to catch up with the rest of the animals on the farm.

"The Cats"
The farm is home to many cats.. Tigger is the prettiest, Tiger is a close second, Yeller is the best mouser, Fraido, his name describes him well, Midnight is obviously black.  The usefullness of the cats is their tactful way of keeping the mouse population in check.  Besides eating mice, they also make very good pets.  The children, Anna (3) and Dennis (1) love playing with them.

"The Dog"
They have one more animal that loves to play with the kids, or perhaps I should say chase them.  He goes by the name of  "Duke".  He is a big German Shepherd and Labrador cross (100% dog).  Duke is a big friendly dog that everyone loves around the farm.  He is a very good pet that the children like playing with.  He also does a nice job protecting the chickens from wild predators.  The Farm used to have a lot of problems with coons and foxes getting into the chickens, but since Duke is getting older and out and about more they have a lot less problems.  He's also doing a good job of keeping the deer and coons out of the produce.  In short he is very well worth his keep.

I can honestly say that the first time I pulled up in front of Cedarmore Farm, I was just a little intimidated by Duke.  He is one big dog.  But the minute I stepped out of the van he came running to greet me.  Not a mean bone in his body.  And he does like to play with Anna and Dennis and any other children that happen to be around. Duke doesn't like being in front of the camera.  I think it kinda scared him.  Every time I got down to get eye level with him I think he thought I wanted to play and he would come and give me a nudge.  So we not a not so flattering pic of him for the blog.   As for the cats...I have only seen one and that was from a distance.  They all must have been of doing those cat jobs Andy mentioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are glad that you stopped in to check us out. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Have you had any experience with CSA?