Saturday, April 23, 2011

A Busy Time

Rain or shine, there is always work to do at Cedarmore. The fields are starting to fill up with crops...rows and rows of them.
There is still a little concern about all the wet weather that we are having in Ohio.  Andy says that he is doing the best that he can possibly do.
The onions are loving all this wet cold stuff.

The garlic seems to be thriving.

All those other cold crops like broccoli and cabbage are under hoop houses (that is what I call them...I wonder what the real farming term for them is?  I'll have to ask Andy and then write it down so I won't forget it.)

I can already taste the green peppers.  They are ready to go to the field.

Seedlings just warming up  and growing in the green house.


Cedarmore Farm CSA isvery excited to begin the 2011 CSA.  
The first pick up at the Cedarmore Farm Location will be on Tuesday May 3rd from 5:00 until8:00pm.  They have been getting an unusual amount of rain this last month, and very little sun.  This will make things grow slower for the first week or two but all the moisture should really stimulate growth once we get some sunshine.  Your boxes will not be quite as full as normal for the first few weeks, but they do expect things to improve soon.  If you have any questions, please let them know.



I got to spend a little time with Lizzie and the kids while Andy was visiting with a neighbor.  I wish you could meet these sweet children.  I ended up on the floor with them sitting beside me or on my lap...I was in heaven.  Anna was singing songs and we worked in one of her 'school books'.  Lizzie was sewing Dennis some suspenders for his pants.  She makes all of their clothes.  Dennis was being a typical boy and into everything.  They are such an excepting family.  Lizzie answers all of my questions.  She even shared her lye soap recipe with me.  That is my next adventure.  She has even promised to teach me how to hand stitch a quilt.  They are a very amazing, interesting, and very friendly family.  Can't wait for my next trip.

cedarmorefarm@tdisp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are glad that you stopped in to check us out. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Have you had any experience with CSA?