Monday, March 18, 2013

Saturday's Visit

It has been a long time since I have been on the Farm.  It felt great to be back at my happy place.  I was greeted by Sim (the big black, not scary, watch dog)  I opened the door and the guineas greeted attacked me.  Not really attacking me, just running as fast as they could to the van door.  The clucked (if that is what they do) and then were off to something else.  I think they might have some ADHD tendencies!
 
But the greeting I got when I opened the front door made my heart really happy!  All the kids, except the baby, came running!  Chattering in Pennsylvania Dutch, of which I know very little, but I am learning, they attached themselves to my legs.  I eat it up!  Lizzie had five pair of black shoes lined up on the table and most of them had a spit shine.  Tomorrow is church.  She finished that and handed me Lovina.  She has grown so much but she is still like a little baby doll.  And I got a peek at her hair.  It is pretty long and has a little bit of red in it.  She must get that from Andy because his beard has a little bit of red in it.  She wasn't feeling to well.  Lizzie thinks that she has a earache.  While I was holding her Lizzie got some medicine ready for her.  First she got two of Andy's handkerchiefs and folded them into little squares, just the size to cover Lovina's ears.  She then placed them on the stove to get warm.  While they were warming Lizzie got a jar of menthol and camphor.  Oh the smell was so 'clearing'...like smelling Vick's VapoRub.  Lizzie then began rubbing it all around Lovina's little ears.  Then she covered the ears with the warmed handkerchiefs and then she placed a little think cap on her head and safety pinned it on.  It took less that 2 minutes for her to settle down and go to sleep.  Thinking I could use some of this stuff.
 
Andy and I went out to walk around the farm...which you can read about coming up later this week.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are glad that you stopped in to check us out. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Have you had any experience with CSA?