Friday, August 31, 2012

Sorry I'm Late

(I have had computer problems all week and finally got back on track.  Sorry I was not able to post earlier in the week)

Got word from Andy that things are pretty dry out on the farm but with the irrigation system that they have in place, they are getting by okay.  He is loving the temperatures and says that it is enjoyable to work outside.  And let me tell you that he and the kids spend lots of time outside.  Lizzie is taking it easy a bit more these days.  She is 'in the family way' and is due mid November.  I am so excited about this.  Another one of those cute Hershberger kids to make over.  Speaking of their children...Anna is looking forward to going to school next year.  She works hard learning school things from her parents.  Dennis is all boy from what I can tell.  He has finally warmed up to me and smiles at me when I visit.  Moses is walking!  That is so hard for me to believe.  It seems like just yesterday Lizzie was handing him to me for the first time.  And he has the lightest blonde hair.

As far a the farm and plantings go..turnips and radishes were just planted and we should be seeing those in our boxes later in the fall.



Things must really be busy on the farm because the newsletter from the CSA was short this week.  And Lizzie must be canning because she didn't have time to find a recipe.  So I shared one that I discovered this week...Corn In The Oven or Baked Corn so call it.  It was really good...I was concerned when I put those delicious ears of corn in the oven.  I was surprised at the taste.  We will be making it again real soon.

There are some new faces on the farm...



These little kittens will grow up to be the barn cats that help keep the rodent population in check.  They are really cute and awfully shy right now.  The kids will climb under and over anything to get to them.  I hope they survive all that 'special love and care'...they just love them to death.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We are glad that you stopped in to check us out. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Have you had any experience with CSA?