Tuesday, January 3, 2012

In The Off Season

I have often wondered what Andy and Lizzy do during the winter when they can't actually get out and farm the land.  Well, all my questions have been somewhat answered.  I got a letter from Lizzy with our CSA information in the mail today.

Farming is never far from their thoughts I am sure.  They spend a great deal of time going thru catalogs and looking at and ordering seeds.  I am sure that Andy reads as much as he can get his hands on about organic farming.  Along with all the other farm duties that need to be attended to each day, Lizzy is busy sewing winter coats and pants along with  making warm comforters for the beds.  They are taking some time to enjoy things...they have put out some new bird feeders to attract some new birds this winter.

The kids are growing up so quickly.  Anna is doing 'schoolwork'.  Dennis has been out hunting and chopping wood with Andy.  While Moses is learning to crawl and to sit up.  Sounds like I need to find time to make a visit before they are on their way to school across the field.  I love it when I get little notes and drawings tucked away in mailings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are glad that you stopped in to check us out. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Have you had any experience with CSA?