Friday, July 15, 2022

Looks Like Summers To Me

Oh!  Watermelon! And tomatoes.

Recipe Of The Week

Stewed Tomatoes
6 large ripe tomatoes
2 Tablespoons of butter
1 Tablespoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/8 teaspoon of pepper1/2 teaspoon of basil

Peel tomatoes and cut them into chunks.  Melt butter and add tomatoes and the remaining ingredients.
Variations: Combine 2 teaspoons of corn starch and 2 teaspoons of water.  Stir into tender tomatoes.  Cook until thick.  Or add a green pepper, an onion, and a clove of garlic to the melted butter before adding the tomatoes.  Cook for five minutes and then add the tomatoes.
 

1 comment:

  1. I remember when I was a kid my Grandma making a similar dish for us. I remember corn and, I think, cut up toast? Being added? Think it was to get us kids to ear it.

    ReplyDelete

We are glad that you stopped in to check us out. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Have you had any experience with CSA?