Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Sunday Afternoon Drive

Mark and I were out for a little Sunday afternoon drive and somehow ended up at Cedarmore.  All the way there I was trying to figure out if it was a church day for the Andy's.  (The Amish only hold church every other Sunday).  And as you could probably guess, it was a church Sunday and no one was home.  But that was okay.  I was able to drop off the last of the CSA boxes and things from the last delivery of last year.  And a letter that I had written earlier and never got around to mailing.

 I found a new puppy!  Can't wait to hear all about him.  He is very sweet.

 The work horses were close to the house just eating way on the fresh green grass.
 
 I stuck my head in the greenhouse closest to the house and saw these vegetables growing.  Most everything else is either in the larger greenhouses or already in the fields.
 
I noticed that the fields were covered in all sizes of hoop houses.  I'll be sure to ask what is there next trip out.  The garlic looks great and Lizzie's berries are growing.  I also noticed a few rows of strawberries.  Everything is looking good to this half Amish/half English, don't really have a clue want-to-be-farmer.  Looking forward to our first box next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We are glad that you stopped in to check us out. Please leave a comment and tell us what you think. Have you had any experience with CSA?